Wednesday, 15 January 2014

The end of 2013 Challenge

a Boxing Day walk on the west coast
It's fair to say that as my life got busier towards the end of the year, the Challenge was pushed to the wayside a bit.  There were a few more that I completed that I never got round to blogging about - here's a bit of a list below...


Have an early night with a good book - I know I did this in the winter months near the beginning but I intended to repeat the process a few more times.  Life got in the way of reading a bit too often last year and I'm feeling the need to change that this year.


Write a letter to your past self -  I wrote this pretty easily - once I started the past just came pouring out - but it turned into a depressing, almost warning letter to my past self not to become the person I am now, so I ripped it up and never started again...


Try a food you hated as a child - As a child I hated most food, so even my present fussy self is a dream compared to how I was as a pre-teen!  I tried and failed to make myself like bananas (the texture and smell is just gross to me) and I tried a bunch of new foods, some good some bad.


Spend a day in your pyjamas - Yeah... I do this far too often.  I'm actually surprised I got dressed as much as I did last year...

Send an anonymous gift -  Sarah received a bag full of pompoms in the post a few months ago so I did a terrible job of making myself anonymous ;)

Create something (anything!) - I created lots this year!  My biggest challenge was making my brother and his girlfriend a massive quilt for Christmas in only three weeks - I did it but man it was a stressful time!  Good thing I work well under pressure...  I also managed the board game, friendship braceletscushion covers and some robot clothing, as well as all my knitted goodies.  I definitely developed my love for knitting more last year so expect to see more of it around these parts.

Have a movie day - Pretty much every day is a movie day at my house...  Last year I watched 365, my personal best, and completed a personal challenge.

Give an abandoned hobby another go - I tried my hand at some drawing in the summer - I was one of the arty kids at school and into college but I've hardly picked up a pencil since then, so it was fun giving it another go.  I definitely need to keep practising though.

Try a new exercise I took up 30 Day Shred, which I loved but I got thrown off when I went on holiday and never quite went back to it.  I started again the other day and I'm determined to transform my fitness regime soon.

Discover new music - I came across Birdy, Gabrielle Aplin and Bastille, and obsessed over the Les Miserables and Sunshine on Leith soundtracks.  Tam and I are still singing all those Proclaimers songs months later!

Get rid of five things you no longer loveI was actually aiming for 365 things for this one but after a final clear out last week I made it to 306 I think.  Still good!

Of the ones I didn't do, I'll carry a few over to next years list.  I'm not doing another Challenge as such but I've made a list of fun things I want to try this year.  I don't really do resolutions any more and there's SO MANY posts going around on them right now so I don't want to add to the clutter, but I'll give the list a look over in the near future and maybe share some things on here.

Did anyone else do our Challenge list?  How did it go?

:)

4 comments:

  1. 306 things got rid of, wow! I might make a similar goal for this year, my house is in desperate need of a clear-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel like there's more I could let go of...but that's good for now! :)

      Delete
  2. The challenge feel by the wayside for me too, but I managed a few. I probably should have done a final update aswell actually! Well done on getting so many done though, definitely looking forward to seeing some more of your knitting projects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay definitely do an update! My knitting lately has mostly consisted of the hexies, must get my finger out!

      Delete