Friday, 17 January 2014

A trip to America - Disneyland

Disneyland was somewhere I'd wanted to visit for a long time, having been to the Florida parks numerous times over the years.  I must admit to being slightly disappointed over the scale of the place, but then Florida has obviously had a lot more investment put into it, being more of a central tourist location for the European market.  We had a great time anyway - it was Disney after all!  The Christmas decorations had just been erected when we visited, always my favourite time of year to go.  Mother loved the Nemo submarine ride (in which I had a mild panic attack when I realised you got sealed in a small space and went underwater.  Shudder.) and my favourite was good old Pirates of the Caribbean, although I did get a bit excited over standing where Walt Disney stood in those old pictures of the entrance.

:)

11 comments:

  1. not sure i'd be a fan of the submarines either, but I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ok when it got going but the idea of it was a bit scary!

      Delete
  2. Your photographs are lovely, i'm totally on the fence about Disneyland - maybe because I didn't really go after all the films growing up. Joe wants to take me to the Florida one when we go and visit his gran who lives close to the park but i'm a bit meh about it all tbh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd prob like the Florida one if its not too busy, Hollywood Studios or Universal are better options if you're more about the rides tho :)

      Delete
  3. oh wow, loving your pictures form the trip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it really hard to narrow down my faves from California tho!

      Delete
  4. I've heard Disneyworld is better than Disneyland, but I've only been to the former. I feel like Disneyworld and Disney things in general are even bigger in Europe than they are in the U.S. which is interesting to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm possibly - we've been showing Frozen for 6 weeks now and its still busy every weekend! Must admit I liked how few crowds Disneyland had compared to Florida tho ;)

      Delete
  5. Love those pictures! I'm actually sitting in the Disneyland Hotel right this minute so it's kind of funny seeing your pictures when I'm going into the park tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how cool, hope you have fun! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh very jealous! We were supposed to be going to California in the summer but it was so expensive when we looked in to it we decided on Legoland in Windsor then Disneyland Paris!

    ReplyDelete