Monday, 12 March 2012

We built this city on rock and roll...

M&S top - charity shop
Skirt - Principles @ Debenhams
Shoes - Hush Puppies via TK Maxx




You know those days where you just get lost in music and can't bear to take your earphones out?  I've been having a lot of those lately - music just makes me...feel more.  I don't get frustrated the same way as when I'm watching tv or faffing about in silence.  In fact most of time my tv is on, it's turned to the radio channels.  I've had 'Poddy' on random play most days, and with 1276 songs and counting it's been an interesting mix!  Songs I haven't heard in ages are making an appearance.  Here's what played while I was taking these pics and beyond...


So yeah...bit of a mixture there! (loving the Youtube suggestions next to the Friday Hill video - Five! Blazin Squad! MisTeeq!)  But pretty typical of what I'm listening to at the mo - I'm rather lucky I can take Poddy to work too, so I'm never without music.  I welcome recommendations too, so feel free to leave me a comment!  My best friend is into Depache Mode and Simple Minds right now so I've just added some of their stuff, plus Youtube pointed me towards some Carrie Underwood, so I'm covering all genres!

:)

11 comments:

  1. Argh! Got that Stuck.In.My.Head now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colours in this outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't hear that song (We Built This City...) without thinking of Schmidt on New Girl. Hilarious.

    And my only suggestion would be The Black Keys. I LOVE them and their albums Brothers and El Camino are particularly good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute outfit! Love those two colours together. Like your electic music mix too - show/comedy tunes turn up a lot in on my ipod too

    ReplyDelete
  5. As if We built this city isn't on the list! Haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colours together, and the skirt is so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. music makes everything that bit better i find. Love this skirt and those shoes look lovely!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your purple skirt with that top. I love a real mix of music, but no jazz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the total mix of styles and colours in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I listen to some weird azz music so I don't know if you'd want my suggestions! Hell's Bells by Cary Ann Hearst is an amazing song, though...it has country undertones, so if you're digging Carrie Underwood, I'd give it a listen. Her band, Shovels & Ropes, also has some worthy tunes out.

    Cute outfit, too! Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete