Pages

Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Fifties lady...

Jumper - handmade by Mother
Vintage skirt - charity shop
Tights - Topshop
Shoes - Debenhams



Bracelet - gift
My very clever mum made me another lovely item, this time a sweater from a vintage pattern on Liz's site - I love it!  She's now in the (very tedious I'm told) process of making me the matching cardigan, turns out putting off learning cable knit is really helping me out... ;)  These shoes just never get worn even though I love them - they just seem to me like they need a fancy dress and a dance floor, so decided to go against my instinct and use them to add some colour to my outfit.

So everyone know's I'm a projectionist right?  The best job in the world in my opinion, and the least in demand it seems - my boss called yesterday to say our company finally made a decision regarding our future and in a few weeks we'll be officially extinct.  We were really just waiting for the confirmation, so it didn't come as a total shock, although it's all a bit soon and extreme for my liking.  I'm beyond gutted though - I've been in projection-less cinemas before and the presentation has been shocking when it's being run by untrained, overworked floor managers instead of skilled individuals trained specifically for the purpose.  Only time will tell how it works out at our site - it's looked like I'm being shifted to a much reduced job in our cash office, if I'm 'lucky'.  I'll keep you posted...

:)

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Elise, I'm so sorry to hear about your job.

    But, you look amazing in this outfit. The skirt is fabulous and your mom is AWESOME for making you that sweater. It's perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry about your job. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that jumper!
    I'm so sorry to hear about the job, been there done that last year, just awful. My advice for what it is worth is to try and stay positive and be open to any opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, so sorry to hear about your job :(
    your mother has made you such a lovely top. I keep thinking I should learn to knit one day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear your news, hope all goes well for you! Like this outfit a lot, very classy!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, sorry to hear about your job, that's really rotten.

    I do love your handknitted jumper though, it's a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty shoes! And I like the whole outfit too. Sorry to hear about your job. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother is very talented! I love your shiny purple shoes too :)
    Really sorry to hear about your job-fingers crossed it works out for you.
    Rachelle x
    http://inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That totally stinks about your job! I think the sweater is ace too!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, so sorry to hear about your job :( It's always horrible to hear about redundancies but especially so when it concerns someone who so obviously loves their job. BUT, you're a cheery soul and I'm sure something else will come along really soon which you'll be just as enthusiastic about xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really sorry to hear about your job. I got a letter yesterday to say that my job's officially at risk - like you say, even though you suspect it's coming it doesn't make it any easier.

    Hope you manage to find something else soon.

    ReplyDelete