Pages

Friday, 15 July 2011

Bargains!

So the other day I mentioned having been shopping, and here's what I got!  One of the charity shops was having a half price sale on everything (think they're having a refit and not shutting down...I hope!), so I picked up 2 dresses, got a vintage 60s dress and 2 tops on my fave £1 rail, a Limited Collection top/dress with the longest sleeves ever (perfect for me!) and a black lace body for 50 lovely pennies.
Oh and then I accidentally bought some books - but I've behaved for so long so was rewarding myself haha!  2 weird things happened though - the other day I was talking to Sean's pal about how I wanted to read The Hobbit before the movie came out, found a copy in the library book sale for 10p!  Then afterwards, I'd gathered up a lovely pile of chunky books in my fave charity shop when I came across the Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice for £2 - only the day before I meant to put it on my rental list since it occurred to me I'd never seen it.  The charity shop gods were smiling on me apparently!  Hoping the knitting book will help me learn some new techniques - double pointed and cable needles have always baffled me so fingers crossed I'll be a pro soon!

Anyone else snag an awesome bargain lately?

:)

13 comments:

  1. Great bargains, got to love a CS half price day! They dont do it often enough here for my liking ;o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i wish our charity shops would have a half price sale, they are so pricey of late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzaaa, nice finds! Nice taste in books, too. Good day for charity shopping! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzaaa, nice finds! Nice taste in books, too. Good day for charity shopping! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your bargains in action! Best of luck with the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant bargains! i have so many fashion books to read..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You got some great books there! Lovely charity shop finds.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good shop all round then! I love finding books in charity shops

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love charity shop sales!!

    It means major major savings :)

    I haven't shopped all Summer (hard to believe!!) but soon I'll be starting to buy my Fall items at thrift shops and am hoping I have great luck as you did!

    Virginie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love a good charity shop find. I'm just wondering, did you notice all your bargains seem to colour co-ordinate with your blog?! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I love getting bargains! The clothing you got all have such beautiful prints! <3


    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Elise, you did well with your books - I bought the Fashion one for my girl when she was studying textiles an it was really pricey!!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really do have the best charity shops. I don't know a single one round here that has sales or discount rails :(

    ReplyDelete