Pages

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Outfits and yet more bargains...

When I work Sat/Sun I usually get Mon/Tue off, so its like my own personal weekend (shopping without crowds, quiet gym, eh...rain...). Therefore here's my 'weekend' outfits and bargains from a quick scoot round the charity shops.

Monday
Topshop cardi - £28 many moons ago
H&M top - £5 in sale
Vintage skirt - £3.50 charity shop
Nine West heels - £3 charity shop
Kinda fell in love with the heart buttons...
These shoes still had the original stickers on - £3 instead of £65 for brand new Nine West shoes in my size? God was on my side that day :)

Tuesday
Topshop Tall cardi - £30ish...?
Doogie Houser Tshirt - $25 from NBC store in New York (my mum and I LOVED this show when I was a kid so was thrilled to find this! Neil Patrick Harris rocks!)
H&M skirt - £15ish (one of the oldest things in my wardrobe!)
Converse - birthday gift last year
I heart Converse :)

Some fab finds
Found this handmade vintage dress for £2.95 yesterday, it was massive and a little...thready... but after a whizz on the sewing machine and some added elastic, it fits perfectly!
(totally needed another summer dress....)
This one was actually from that magic £1 rail the other day but since its pure silk, I left it for Mother to wash (domestic Goddess I ain't). Quite like it actually, altho I wanna change the colour of the waist ribbon
Found a cute little spring jumper (M&S again!) for £2.50 and Fred Perry (mens...) shorts for 10p!
Unfortunately the weather looked like this when I put the shorts on. Sigh.

So in the cheapie shop I got 5 things from the 10p table, 2 recent magazines and a book - total? 70p :D
Ok this one is sad but exciting so thought I'd share anyway. Many, many years ago I was given the red jigsaw for Christmas and as you can probably see from the box, built it many times - and actually really wanted to visit the real version of that seaside town! So I knew there was another puzzle in the series but after looking half heartedly for it for years I kinda forgot all about it. Until the other day when I walked into my fave charity shop and there it was sitting on one of the high shelves. Yes I grabbed for it. Loser. It set me back a whole 50p and now I'm rather pleased with myself (the lady tried to get me to take 3 for £1 but I wasn't to be persuaded!)
May all your summers be as nice as this one!

:)

11 comments:

  1. Oh you found so many lovely items. I love the print of your new blue and white dress. The charity shops round our way charge so much more. Not seen anything for 10p!
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are winning while Vix is away for best bargains in the clothes department. 10p for shorts? £3 for brand new Nine West shoes? You are tempting me to just photograph random items from my wardrobe and claim they were a shilling, just to make me feel I can still play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gingham skirt is gorgeous. I agree with Sophie, I never see anything that cheap! Maybe I'm not looking hard enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never find the cheap stuff either! Honestly, anything under £3 is a bargain in my book. Can't believe the prices for those two gorgeous frocks.

    That tshirt is amazing!! I absolutely love Neil Patrick Harris in How I Met Your Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that handmade vintage dress is to die for. so delicate and floaty, and only 2.95!!! you sure did find some bargans lady
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have the best charity shops, you got some beauties, now following you to see what else you find that I can be jealous of xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I used to love jigsaws like that with loads going on, could spend ages looking at all the details :) Love the print on the blue and white dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great finds and great prices! The blue/white dress is really beautiful. And I love the Monday skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More fantastic finds. You'll need to let me know where you go so I can check them out on my next Glasgow visit. Fab tshirt! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, those two dresses are amazing, and so bloody cheap! I would go green with jealousy but it wouldn't match what I am wearing ; )

    Danni

    ReplyDelete