Pages

Friday, 8 April 2011

Oops...

So my lovely friend came round to visit the other day and changed a setting on my camera so I get even better picture quality. I was rather pleased to learn another new trick, until I went to copy some pictures to my laptop today and discovered I couldn't get into them. Grrr... Shall be calling him up for an explanation tomorrow! It ridiculous how little I can do on my laptop (as long as I can access net and my photos that's usually enough!) Anyway, a couple copied as normal files too so you can see a rather rubbishy pic of what I wore today...
Vintage cardi - Charity shop £1
Top - H&M via charity shop £2
Skirt - Charity shop 10p
Shoes - Topshop £28 few years ago

Mother and I decided to go a wee road trip this afternoon so we headed down the coast to Stranraer (where the ferries go...) for a wander. It was lovely and sunny and reasonably mild down there, altho I still had to wear a coat, darn! I had a bit of a sneaky check on net for charity shops before we left - Mother HATES them but she was ok about going into a couple when we got there (have discovered I can just steer her towards the books and she stops groaning for a bit :P). There was a couple of reasonably priced ones, and a £1 rail in one, which I immediately made a beeline for! Good thing I did, I managed to spend £10 on goodies, which I fought for - people just ain't as polite down there! I also picked up a bag of wool and a vintage slip in another store, hopefully I'll be able to get some pics of everything soon...
Here's a very bad pic of one of the £1 dresses - it's a DP one I was eyeing up ages ago, and I actually found it in another charity shop a few months back, but it was rather worn out so just left it. Good thing I did! This one is a size big but the tie back helps solve that problem!

On the way back we found a little thrift store joined to a nursing/care home - it was actually called a thrift store, got excited by the Americanism so Mother agreed to pull in. Wishing I'd got pics now, it was pretty much jam packed with everything, altho all I got was 3 more Babysitter Club books for my collection (yes, after about 10 years I've started collecting them again, damn nostalgia for terribly written tween books!)

:)

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm always having issues with technology as well! That dress is fabulous and for £1!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that dress for £1 - bargain!! I would love to find a 'thrift store' too - def worth pulling over to check that one out. The babysitters club made me smile - complete blast from the past, i used to read these when i was small, that and Sweet Valley Twins with a bit of Judy Blume and I was in tween reading heaven ;o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing bargain on the dress - it doesn't look too big at all. I'm intrigued about this magical 'better pictures' setting on yout camera! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let you know, I have tagged you in a Kreative Blogging (it's spelt that way - I take no responsibility for that!) thang I got tagged on. Feel free to give it a bash if you fancy. If not, or if you've already done it, I shan't be offended! http://little-scribbler.blogspot.com/2011/04/kreative-blogger-award-kreative.html

    And Babysitter's club?! I just came across a picture today in which you can see one of them on my bedroom floor! It's from a loooong while back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe your luck, that dress for £1? So jealous!
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's a DSLR then she might've switched it to take RAW format & not jpeg, different file type that Windows can't necessarily deal with. You can get some sort of free conversion/image editing software off the internet (I like XN View because it looks like Windows Explorer) download.com is big & safe :)
    Or it could be a lock slide on your memory card?
    I'm probably completely wrong but I hope this might be useful :)

    (I just discovered your blog via Hey Nancy :))

    ReplyDelete