Pages

Friday, 18 March 2011

Wee Friday update...

Had a day off yesterday and was going to view a flat at lunchtime - it was in the exact area I want to live but the flat itself turned out to be pretty tragic - even the estate agent said I could do better! Took that as a sign to say no to it, but hopefully something else will come up round there.

On the way back I went into a couple of charity shops. There's a new one thats popped up in a street I dont usually pass, so I went in for a look. It was pretty reasonably priced - got this Laura Ashley tank top for £2 and The Great Gatsby for 75p (gotta read it so I can ruin the movie for myself by nit-picking - I do this way too much, was actually annoyed with myself for doing it during Dawn Treader cause I think it would have been ok otherwise...). I kinda love tank tops but they don't really love me, so gonna try and make this one work!
Went into one of my usual ones next and picked up some magazines for 20p. Also got this months Ideal Home - I like to torture myself with interior mags sometimes :)
So today I'm back at work, Friday's are always mega busy so had tons to do this morning, finally got done bout 2pm and had lunch and read some of my book. Next on the agenda is to do my nails before getting train to Sean's after work - nearly 2 weeks since I've seen him, me and Red are going a bit nuts...
Ooh, thot I'd show you what I'm working on now. I'm learning to use more than one colour when knitting and this pattern is ridiculously easy, so my BFF should have a lovely, non-holey scarf for Christmas!
Happy weekend!

:)

10 comments:

  1. oh how's the book, that's on my to-read list but i don't have it yet! and well done on the tank top find, i have one which i kept from a clearout last yr, and still haven't worn, so maybe they are just not my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tank top,i'm not sure if they will ever look right on me
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tank top, I only even seem to find vintage men's ones and sadly haven't the assets needed to fill them.
    Have a lovely weekend, that estate agent sounds very honest. I'm sure the right place will come along soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the knit vest, adorable!

    <3 steffy
    steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds - i cant pull of the tank top look. Always nice to find a new charity shop :o) I'm the same with books and films, two that spring to mind are Sleepers and memoirs of a geisha - both books were soooo much better. Have a fabulous weekend Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the tank, how lovely and a bargain!
    Have you checked out my post today?
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the tank top is gorgeous!

    Bummer about the flat but it sounds like you have a decent estate agent so fingers crossed something better turns up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always find such great things in charity shops. I don't know whether it's my area or just me but I can never find anything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute items! Really love knit.
    The background of you blog is so cute! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the tree scarf pattern and don't forget to post a photo of it when its finished! I love all your finds too, especially that tank top.

    P.S. There's a blog award waiting for you on my latest post!

    ReplyDelete